Iridophobia: Fear of Rainbows

February 1, 2011 by

Rain, rain, go away, come again another day is NOT the case for an iridophobiac. If it was up to them, it would never stop raining! Because what comes after rain. That’s right. You guessed it. Rainbows.

Iridophobia is the fear of rainbows. ROYGBIV. Yeah, that’s not too pretty and colorful and unicorns for them. It’s BIG. It’s BRIGHT. And it’s got SEVEN COLORS.

Most iridophobiacs tend to be afraid of any types of rainbows. Whether it’s the ones that come out of the garden hose, or even some that you see in gasoline puddles, they’re all scary. Even the Northern Lights can give them the creeps!  When the prism effect kicks in, iridophobiacs tend to struggle with an increased heart rate, hyperventilating, uncontrollable crying, sudden anxiety,  light-headedness, and shortness of breath. So if you’re into rainbows or even Pink Floyd, I wouldn’t recommend hanging around a iridophobiac.

Hey, I wonder what would happen if a person with iridophobia saw a DOUBLE rainbow? Hmm….

Comment below on a phobia you’d like to read about!

IT'S SO VIVID AND BRIGHT!

IT'S SO VIVID AND BRIGHT!

Posted in Inanimate Objects Phobias | | | 11 Comments

11 Responses to ' Iridophobia: Fear of Rainbows '

Subscribe to comments with RSS or TrackBack to ' Iridophobia: Fear of Rainbows '.

1.    August said,

on March 3rd, 2011 at 2:28 PM   

Gina…I really enjoy your blog but one thing you were wondering in your blog is what if someone with this fear saw a double rainbow…well they would probably have almost the same reaction as the dude on youtube ;)

2.    LadyGigi said,

on February 4th, 2011 at 11:03 PM   

Hey guys! I know there are a lot of questions regarding how people can be afraid of rainbows. Think about something that you are afraid of, for example, clowns. Some people think that clowns are SUPER scary, while other people think they are funny, and hilarious! See what I mean? It’s the same with all phobias!

3.    mAhAyLa said,

on February 4th, 2011 at 9:17 PM   

Haha I didn’t think there was really such thing as a fear of rainbows! I agree with August. How can someone be afraid of something as harmless as a rainbow?!

4.    joey said,

on February 3rd, 2011 at 10:43 AM   

you should do a post on heliophobia- or fear of the sun

5.    staenglish78 said,

on February 1st, 2011 at 10:35 PM   

If there is a fear of ducks, I’d like to read about that.

6.    evansta said,

on February 1st, 2011 at 6:19 PM   

Yay!

7.    Anna said,

on February 1st, 2011 at 6:19 PM   

thats cool except i dont know why someone would be afraid of rainbows they are harmless. anyways i think you should write about the phobia of light if it exsist.